Thursday, February 24, 2011

Walk A Paragraph In Someone Else's Shoes

I wake up to my alarm clock ringing this morning at the same time I do everyday, 5 a.m. I turn my head feeling all too surreal and stare at the left side of the bed where my wife used to sleep until the accident. I put a dirty shirt on that I see on the ground and find some torn jeans in a pile of under my mattress.  I begin to make my coffee to begin my day just like every other day, and begin to contemplate on how boring the retired life is, just like every other day. I can hear the TV in the living room, I must have left it on from last night. I sit down on my couch and sink into the indent from my body in the couch while turning on the morning news to get my fix of Canada A.M. for the next 2 hours. After finishing watching Canada A.M. I enjoy tending to my vegetable garden each morning, it's one of the few things I do enjoy nowadays. No need to worry about being late to work when your retired, it's getting close to 9:15 and that means that it's time for me to head to the mall. I put my green toque, blue jacket, brown shoes, and one red glove one. I take the same route everyday to get to the mall and head into Save-On-Foods to wander around, I just thoroughly enjoy the atmosphere of Save-On-Foods in the morning. After about 30 minutes of wandering around Save-On-Foods I continue to wander the rest of the mall until i get bored enough to wander back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment