Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Road Less Traveled

I believe it is important to be passionate about your job, but it is definatly not needed. I'm sure workers at McDonalds don't dream of working at McDonalds, unless their ideals conform with McDonalds i'm pretty sure that that's not the job their dreaming of as a child. My dad has never known what his dream job would be, he asks me "Nate what do you want to do for the rest of your life?", as always I say "not sure, haven't quite figured it out yet", "ya me neither" he responds. My dad is 50 and still doesn't know what he wants to do with the rest of his life or what his dream job is at that. He owns and runs a bussiness with my mom selling landscaping rock and dirt after logging for 33 years of his life. It's easy to see that he takes each day by day enoying them to the most possible, with little worry/planning for the future. I believe this is how most people should act but it will never be because of the materialistic society we live in, people always have to have "the best" this and "the best" that, always saving and borrowing something they don't have. Through my father it is easy for me to see that I don't need to know what I want to do for the rest of my life, as long as i enjoy what i do now and understand my capabilities for the future. I don't know what I want to do for the rest of my life but I am certainly attending post-secondary here in penticton to further my education, because it's a privalage and not a right.

No comments:

Post a Comment